It's the first of December. Time for me to begin putting a dent in my gift-giving shopping list. It is this time of year where my sister and I have the same discussion each year. What do we get Mom for Christmas?
If you ask our mother, she will tell us that she does not need a thing. We want to express our love and appreciation for our mother. For all those moments when she'd help remind Santa that we wanted Barbie dolls, the Welcome Back Kotter board game, satin jackets and platform wedge sandals.
As a scrapbooker, I have begun working on a pictorial of the grandkids (my nieces and nephew) using a kit I purchased sometime ago from Creatologie by Carol Wingert.
And I purchased a feminine and large duffle bag from Vera Bradley to encourage more travel for our mother to see me as well as my sister and the grandkids more often.
If you find yourself in the same predicament, trying to find the ideal gift for your mom, I've listed a few ideas below:
- A cashmere wrap from Nordstrom is perfect for this time of year. I keep a knitted wrap at the office as I always have a chill.
- Hot Flash Pajamas & Nightgown from Acacia. I think my Mom would get a laugh out of this. And it seems pretty practical too.
- Brighton Jewelry from Cutter & Buck is one way to treat your mom to a nice piece of silver jewelry, particularly if you need to ship it to her.
- Yoga for Beginners from Gaiam would actually make a nice gift for any female in your family who is interested in fitness that is not too fast paced like aerobics.
- A Rosemary Tree from Gardener's Supply Co. is perfect for the mom who likes to use fresh herbs when cooking. This is an ideal hostess gift too.
- A Cross Pen in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness is a good deed kind of gift.
- Down Surround pillows by Pacific Coast Feather Company's Hotel Collection accompanied by a good book will set the mood for some R&R our mother's deserve. Or if you can get your hands on an Amazon Kindle (they are on backorder), and if your budget allows it, would make for a fabulous gift for book-reading moms.
- A subscription to your mom's favorite magazine is a great way to "send" a gift.
- A Keurig Single-Cup Coffeemaker is a wonderful gift for not only coffee drinkers but for tea drinkers too.
I hope this helps spark some gift ideas for our mom's. And if you have any ideas you'd like to share with me, why I'd love to hear all about it.
I will be sharing more gift ideas in the days ahead.