As a child, being selfish was not tolerated. My parents tried to instill behaviors in me such as think of others before you think of yourself. And, of course, there are starving children in this world so you better finish what's on your dinner plate.
So when I have a bout of materialism, I feel guilty. Therefore, in order to fulfill my desires, I make lists. I don't always get what is on my list but I enjoy the process of making a list. And today's list includes:
- The latest iPhone by Apple in 3G format. Yes, Ashlie, you are right. This is the phone to covet. I've already begun researching how I can cancel my current phone plan and make the switch to AT&T, just to have this phone.
- The Home Accents Cricut cartridge is actually one item I fulfilled on my list. My best friend was placing an order, and gee, why not combine our order and split the shipping cost (guilty conscience is still with me though).
- This Vera Bradley hipster is simply adorable. I love to use this type of bag when I travel.
- Merlot wine is one of my absolute favorite types of red wine. And I'd like to add this bottle to our wine rack.
- I'd like to replace my key chain with this one from Sex and the City.
I can assure you that a month from now, this list will change. Some will come to fruition and some will not. And those that do not, will be replaced by another flavor of the moment, if you know what I mean. Of course there's the checkbook balance to consider as well. Another reason why some do not come-to-be.
It does help to have a stylish notepad for wishlists such as these. Next on my list? Home decor I desire for our home.